Skip to content ↓

You need ‘qualified teacher status’ (QTS) to work in the majority of schools in England including state maintained primary, secondary and special schools.

Find out how to get QTS if you:

You can also find specialised training programmes if you’re changing career or you have a doctorate.

Not looking to teach in primary or secondary settings? Consider teaching early years or further education.