Application Deadlines Spring 2022 Cohorts:
- Best Practice Network (BPN): ALL programmes: Friday 17th December 2022.
- Church of England Foundation for Educational Leadership (CEFEL): NPQEL Friday 10th December 2021, ALL other programmes: Monday 17th January 2022
COMING SOON: NPQ Leading Literacy (NPQLL) & NPQ for Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
From September 2022, the DfE have confirmed they will be rolling out two new NPQs. Please see below an outline of the aims of these new qualifications:
Aims of the NPQ Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
- To develop strong pedagogical and subject specific knowledge.
- To provide a means for the development of literacy teaching in primary and secondary schools.
- To improve pupil’s literacy outcomes.
Aims of the NPQ for Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
- To strengthen the quality of pedagogical leadership in Private, Voluntary and Independent (PVI) nurseries, school-based nurseries and childminder settings.
- To empower leaders to set a clear vision for their settings, champion EYFS reforms and (particularly for PVI leaders) equip them to lead efficient businesses.
- To support the recovery of children’s development that has been impacted by the pandemic, through improved leadership of early years settings, strengthening staff pedagogy and bolstering knowledge of children’s early development.
We will share more on these programmes over the coming months.
In October 2020, six new content frameworks were published and from November 2021, this reformed suite of NPQs will enable teachers and leaders to develop their knowledge and skills in school leadership and specialist areas of practice.
These reforms include:
- Reforming the three existing NPQs in senior leadership, headship and executive leadership
- Replacing the current NPQ in middle leadership, with three new NPQs for teachers and leaders, who want to develop their expertise in specialist areas of teaching practice.